My 56% return in 9 months, on the 50% Buffett Challenge

As far as I can remember, in my life, I have only done 3 interviews for publications.

The last one I did was on 19 September 2019:

https://yfsmagazine.com/2019/09/19/can-investors-beat-warren-buffetts-50-per-year-return-in-the-stock-market/

Here, I mentioned that I was expecting the ending of a 13-year bull market. 

I also started the "50% a Year Challenge” based on Warren Buffett's quote, which went something among the lines of “If I had $10,000 to invest... It’s a huge structural advantage not to have a lot of money. I think I could make you 50% a year on $1 million. No, I know I could. I guarantee that". 

I spent almost 10 years studying Warren Buffett strategies. I also beat the challenge with over 56.91% return closing on 9 June 2020. Today, 2 days later, I'm sitting in cash and I am ready to close the account. Remember, I only created this account for the Challenge. 


Here are the screenshots of the results:

You can also download the pdf here: https://github.com/Neyt/Investment-account


Here is the screenshot of the account I used for this challenge (exactly as mentioned in the interview I did 9 months ago - the account number is the same):


Rate of return on the last account overview: 56.91% Year to date:

Here you can see different benchmarks to compare since the inception:
SPXTR 14.14%
EFA 2.49%
VT 8.84%
ME 54.67%


Here is the benchmark comparison:


And this is the one that I like the best; 
These returns were achieved with less risk than the market:


I may do a podcast episode on FinanciallyFreePodcast.com; there are some very cool interviews. 
But the summary of these returns is basically this:
  1. If you don't find value, or you are not certain of what you want to invest in, then stay in cash as long as you need to... but put the work in every single day
  2. Focus!
The reason I could get these returns, is because of focus. With focus, you can also get these returns too!
The reality is that I was expecting for these returns to take longer because I was looking for dark companies/stocks that no one else is paying attention to. 
I invite you to listen to the interview I did with Dan Schum which I posted 2 days ago; in this interview Dan goes into more detail about dark stocks: https://financiallyfreepodcast.libsyn.com/24-514-per-year-for-7-years-with-dan-schum
But the fact of the matter is that when the Covid-19 crash came, I had to change strategy completely.

3. This brings me to the last lesson: don't box yourself to be a "value investor" a "trader", an "option-trader" (please do check out my podcast, we talk about all of these subjects). Be a MAKE MONEY INVESTOR. Those are all tools and different mindsets. Do what makes sense. 

I would love to connect. Find me at neytorres.com





Please read the article "Blog's "read me first"" Terms And Conditions Of Use All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner of this blog will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. This terms and conditions is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

Popular posts from this blog

VOXTUR – 500% growth in 2022/2023.

Understanding Micron Technology Inc (NAS:MU)

A Different view on Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) "Optionality has value"!