Find your niche with Jason Everett



Find your niche with Jason Everett


Ney Torres:         [00:00:00] Welcome everybody to the podcast. Today, I talk with Jason Everett. How are you Jason?
Jason Everett:   [00:00:08] Wazzup, Ney! Dude, I'm awesome. Glad to hear your voice and see your mugshot today, man.
Ney Torres:        [00:00:13] It's been a while, man. We met 13 years ago in a coaching training called “Sales Partners Direct” by Blair Singer who is the first I reached out advisor, I guess. He would train us in speaking in public and sales.
Jason Everett:   [00:00:34] Yeah. I speak in public sales and I'm doing a coaching and training. I mean, dude, that that guy is a beast at training trainers. He is the master of training trainers. A lot of people don't know who Blair Singer is but if you really look at some of the biggest teachers, speakers, and leaders on planet earth, chances are they've been through his program and know him very well. He's kind of the under the radar ninja master that everybody knows.
Ney Torres:        [00:01:01] And that's what I love about these podcasts. I just find those people, and sometimes we get to interview them. And I started a business with Blair. I know you did too. I went to real estate eventually. I continued and that’s why we're talking today. I just want to see what you have learned this last 13 years. How your story… So, why don't you explain to us where you started?
Jason Everett:   [00:01:28] Yeah. Well, first of all, man. I mean this is crazy when you said 13 years. I'm like, “Dang, that's been a long time.” But yeah, it's been a long time of us creating the business. And again, the franchise isn't around anymore, but I kind of pivoted and I'm still in the same vein. Like I still do coaching, training, leadership all over the world. Now, I do it with the beauty industry. And we're one of the largest beauty training companies on the planet. It's called High-Performance Salon, highperformancesalon.com.
[00:01:54] We go in to help train and elevate the salon industry. And our mission in the High-Performance Salon Academy is to elevate the way that the rest of the world perceives the beauty industry. I think it's an industry that kind of gets a bad rep sometimes, right? And people go, “Oh, if you're broke, then you become a salon owner and all this stuff.” And our job is to elevate the way the world perceives this.
[00:02:15] So that's my job every day. How did I get to that point? How do we become one of the largest digital training companies for the salon industry? Well dude, you know, like you said, 13 plus years ago or longer. Like my crazy path of what I've done is I'm a fourth-generation entrepreneur, business owner.
[00:02:33] All of my parents, grandparents, great grandparents, et cetera, have owned companies. And so, I grew up being an eight and 10 years old, hanging out at my parents' business. I grew up in a really small town where either your parents owned a business or your parents worked for somebody who owned the business.
[00:02:51] What was really interesting about that is that when I got into like the regular job marketplace and started working and doing things, it was very awkward to work for companies because one of the first jobs I ever had was for a big company. We’re working for a very large telecommunications company in the Sacramento area, which where I live outside of Northern California.
[00:03:11] You know, they would tell me things like, “Oh, if the printer's broken, you've got to call the IT department.” Or, “If you need to use a computer, your assistants supposed to do it.” Or don't ever spend time… And I was like, “I've never worked for a company because I've always worked for my parents. I've never worked for a company that had like, there's certain people who do certain things. It was like you had to do it yourself because you're the business owner and you got to know how to do everything, right.
[00:03:33] I've always been in that environment. So fast forward in my life, I've always been like, I would consider myself to be a pretty decent employee because I would take ownership, responsibility, always treated the company like it was my own.
[00:03:44] And what happened was I'd worked for a bunch of different companies. The last company I was an employee of like a regular employee. I took that company. They were a small company, three people. They were doing $300,000 a year in sales. I came out of the company and took them to $1.7 million in business within the three to four years. I think it took me to get them to that size, and helped them massively grow as an employee, but I didn't own the business.
[00:04:11] And so, there was a lot of conflict because as I was growing sales and making more money, my boss kept changing my commission. So, it went from like 15%, down to 10%, down to eight. Then down to, “If you don't pay me, I'm not showing up to work tomorrow.” And then that was my last day there. That was it. I called them out and he didn't like it. I started my own company.
[00:04:33] And so, you know, it's been… I've actually owned the sales training company now. This is my 11th year anniversary. So, I met Blair and you back 13 years ago. Eleven years ago, we officially started business. And I've been running it for those 11 years. And now, we're well into the seven figures. And, I've just been really growing like gangbusters, man.
[00:04:52] And I don't know if that's what you were wanting to find out, but you know, for all of you guys listening and paying attention, man, it was blood, sweat and tears. I thought for sure I was going to be 11, you know, or it's at seven figures, you know, being over $1 million in the first year, cause I'd already done it. It took way longer. And only 5% of companies on planet earth ever get above $1 million. And even fewer of those stick around for more than 10 years. And we've been able to do that, which I take a lot of pride in.
Ney Torres:        [00:05:19] Excellent. So, everybody listening, I bet the question in their mind is how did you raise sales? How do you actually go into a business? Because most people right now probably are thinking to go into business, or they already have one and they're like, “Okay. How do I get to over 70 years?” What's the trick?
Jason Everett:   [00:05:39] Well, yeah. So, there's no, like one trick, right? Like everybody's always like… I think anybody who sells you there's one trick. As long as you buy my program that costs $1,000, I'll give you my one trick.” First of all, I don't have a program to sell you guys, so I'm just going to tell you like it is. But I think one of the things that comes up is like when… When I first worked for somebody else, I'll tell you the reality check I had.
[00:06:01] I was really good at sales. Meaning, you know, I'd get on the phone with people and I could you know. Like I was doing the math the other day. I've probably made upwards of $15 to $20 million in sales in my lifetime. For some people that's not a lot. For some people, that's a lot. You got to decide. Some people sell million dollar houses every day. I'm talking about income that people generated directly to me that was commissionable and things like that.
[00:06:27] And I think I've always kind of had that gift. I see sales very simply. And Blair, who we talked about earlier, wrote a book called Sales Dogs, which I read forever ago. It's a great book, if you don't know it. I read this book called Sales Dogs. One of the things that I think is powerful about sales is sales is just about solving problems for people. If they have a problem and you can solve it, then a sale is made. So, it's about making sure that you can add value to people when they need something and you solve it with a solution that then costs money. Right? Like, that's it. It's business ownership 101. Right?
[00:07:07] People need water when they go to an event. So, if you're the water vendor, you're going to sell water. It's pretty straight forward. There's a lot of people who brag about, “Well, I can sell ice to Eskimos.” What that means is I can sell things to people who don't need it. That's basically what they say. I don't like that brag. That's not my jam.
[00:07:24] The way I like to do it is I sell things that people… Well, I find out what people really, really need and I give it to them in exchange for money. And usually in exchange for way less money than they think it would cost. And that to me is sales is giving people something like, “Hey, what would you pay to solve that problem?” “$10,000” “Cool! If I sold it for $5,000 would you want it?” And they go, “Yes.” That's how I sell, man.
[00:07:48] So I built this whole business around solving problems that salon owners have for way less money than they thought it would take to solve it. And it's helped grow us into a massive training company.
Ney Torres:        [00:07:58] So one important thing that I think you can give us, or the people listening is most people don't like sales. Why do you think that is? And, what could you see planned undermine so they can change that point of view or perspective?
Jason Everett:   [00:08:15] I think people don't like sales because they perceive salespeople as giving… They perceive it's selling somebody something they don't perceive they want and/or need. Okay. So, it's like sales is like, “I know you didn't want this, but I'm going to force you to take it.”
[00:08:32] Now, there's a definition, and I got this from Blair too actually. I'll happily talk about his stuff from sales, but also chat with him too, is that, there's a word abuse, right? To abuse someone. I don't mean like physically abuse, but basically the word abuse in general means give something to somebody they don't want and/or need. You give something to somebody like, and again, that could be physical abuse. Not talking about that for a second, but like, you know, if you were giving something to somebody that you don't want or need.
[00:08:58] Like even if I pat you on the back and you don't want it Ney, that's a level of abuse, right? Because I'm giving you something you don't want and/or need. Now again, it can go different than that, but that's abuse. And I think that a lot of people see sales as forcing somebody to give you money for something they don't want and/or need. But I don't see sales that way. And hopefully, if you're listening, you just get my tone on this is that like if I said you're really thirsty and I've got a bottle of water, like that's not sales. It's serving. And serving, by the way, is the opposite of selling.
[00:09:34] Serving is bringing something to somebody that they do want and/or need. So, I don't look at sales as forcing or abusing. I look at sales as serving, and I think that's my perspective on sales. You know, I think what happens is people get in a sales role and they go, “Get out there and sell.” And it's like this top down forced on you. “Make money. Get out there. I don't care who you serve.” Versus, “I want to do it all. Kind of make a big statement here that maybe we can go on a different direction.” But like the internet has changed the game of sales. Okay? So here's why. It used to be that wherever you lived, if you were going to sell something, the only people you could sell to are within whatever radius you could walk to, you could drive to, or for a long time who you could call on the phone, which that gave you a lot more reach, right? You could sell to those people.
[00:10:22] Well, this really cool thing called the internet showed up. And then, if I want to sell somebody something that lives in Ecuador that has the same problem that I solve a solution for, bro, we can jump on a video call. I can get you on Facebook. We can do all kinds of things. And now, all of a sudden, the amount of people that actually want what I have is infinite. It's billions of people. It's billions. And here's the thing. There are billions of people on this planet. If I could just find 100,000 people that have what I need is really good.
[00:10:53] So what changed when the internet came out is it became not a sales game anymore. It's still sales in the sense of serving, but it became a marketing game because you could have a solution, and this is what I believe about everybody listening to this show right now, is that you probably have a solution that thousands of people would like to know. But you don't know how to get in front of them. So, the problem is you need to be good at marketing and at sales. And I define again, sales as serving.
Ney Torres:        [00:11:24] Love it. Yeah. That's the best way to explain it. Yeah, for sure. And nobody's going to give you a dollar if they don't… You've got to find a way to communicate what you are proposing, your serving.
Jason Everett:   [00:11:37] Yeah. You got to learn how to present. You got to learn how to position it, which again is all marketing, whether that's one-on-one or as a group.
Ney Torres:        [00:11:43] Yeah. So, people can take their money out and say, please take it. So yeah, being an entrepreneur is really about serving others the best way you can.
Jason Everett:   [00:11:53] Absolutely.
Ney Torres:        [00:11:53] When you walk into a business, what's your paradigm or frame in your mind to start tackling how to serve better and how to raise sales?
Jason Everett:   [00:12:05] Well, I do a lot of observing first. I mean when I go into a company and look at what they're doing, I got to evaluate what's going on. I mean at this end of the business, because we exclusively work in the beauty industry, salons, spas, medi-spas, things like that, is that I kind of know what I'm walking into because I've done it so many times.
[00:12:24] I mean out of my 11 years of owning the company, the first six years of it, we were doing general coaching. We'd work with anybody. So, I'd work with a carpet cleaner, and a marketing firm, and a salon, and all these other things. Now we only work with salons.
[00:12:38] You know for us as a coaching and training industry, I mean, we have like an online library that's like Netflix that's over 250 hours’ worth of online training program just for the salon and spa industry. And you know, it's one of those things where now I don't have to worry about like walking in and evaluating from zero and going like, what is this business about? Because I really know salons and spas really well.
[00:13:00] But, that being said, I can like I was just on the phone with another friend of mine learning about his business. My job is to walk in, learn as much as I can, not so much about the business but about the owner. Because the business is really a reflection of the owner. As you and I both know, we've learned from Blair too. One of his other books, Little Voice Mastery is that the little voice, the internal dialogue of the business owner, that that will control more of the business than anything else.
Ney Torres:        [00:13:29] I agree. Can you tell me your experience? Because one of the things I understood from coaching businesses at the beginning is that business owners really need help. Right? Because it's kind of lonely to be in business by yourself, kind of. Nobody really understands you. There are no support groups for that goal that can explain or help you when you need help. But then they get coaching and then they find their problem really is themselves. And the kind of person that goes into business are hard to coach sometimes. Is your experience different?
Jason Everett:   [00:14:08] So the first year I was in coaching, somebody said something to me that really resonated with me deeply. What they said is they said they only work with entrepreneurs that have been in business for at least five years. I thought, “Well, that's kind of silly.” Like, why not help somebody who's been in business for one year?
[00:14:24] And they said, you know, people who've been in business one or two years still think they know everything. Right? Now, here's how I look at that Ney. When I was an employee, and there's really another good book out there by Michael Gerber called the E-myth, and the E-myth talks about people have what's called an entrepreneurial seizure. They're technicians. Like they're a plumber, and they go to work every day as a plumber, and they work for the boss and they know the boss makes millions of dollars and they're like, “Why don't I make millions of dollars?” This is a problem, right? Like, “I'm not making millions, so I'm a really frustrated technician. I'm a good plumber. I could run that. I do all the work anyway. I'm going to go start my own plumbing company.” So, I opened Jason's plumbing company only to find out. That there's so many other aspects of running a “business” besides the plumbing that I fall flat on my face.
[00:15:10] And by the way, I have that story. When I was in sales and again, I said, like I brag earlier was, right. I created one for 300,000 to a $1.7 million. Great as being in sales. But you know what, to this day, 11 years later, still continues to be something that I need to get better at and I deserve to get better at is accounting. Accounting isn't my favorite thing, and it's been one of the things that really kicked my butt for the first five years of my business. I only focused on sales, sales, sales, sales, sales. But it was like I wasn't keeping the money. It was just flying out the back door because my accounting wasn't as strong as it could be. So now I've gotten some amazing resources. There's a great book called Profit First by Mike Michalowicz.
[00:15:49] There's another amazing book by Keith Cunningham. There's lots of books by Keith Cunningham on finance, and it's like, I've had to become a student of that. And now I would say at this point, I'm pretty good at it, but it could always be better. I know that that's the area of my business that's, underperforming.
[00:16:07] So I think when you're an employee and you're like, “Well, how do I start my own company?” You know, don't start a company because you're a frustrated employee. Don't start a company because you think your boss is mean. Don't start a company because you would give yourself more vacation time.
[00:16:22] Because here's what happens. If you're a horrible employee, you're going to also become a horrible business owner. And I mean that. People are like, “Oh, I'm a terrible employee. I want more time off.” I meet people all the time. I want to take more time off. I want to make more money. I want to grow, which is good. People are inspired to do that, but that's their primary reason for starting a business. And so, they start a business and they ended up working 10 times harder than they did as an employee. Right?
[00:16:50] I didn't take a paycheck for years after making a ton of money. I was making a lot of money. I literally went to a zero paycheck for almost two years. And like, if people are like, “Oh, I want to own a business so I make way more money than I do now.” Are you willing to sacrifice? Right. I've got a quote in here. It used to be my office. It said, “Entrepreneurs are willing to sacrifice.” I don't have the thing right here, but I’ll do my best.
Ney Torres:        [00:17:14] Nine to five.
Jason Everett:   [00:17:16] Yeah. It was like you just said, people are willing to sacrifice income now to have income and freedom later. Something like that. And, I think that a lot of people, that are employees are like, “Well, I would never give up my money right now.” You know, “I need to have it right now.” Well, then you probably shouldn't be an entrepreneur because there's going to be a massive punch in the face learning curve that happens. Nobody ever believes it's going to happen. It happened to me. I was a frustrated employee, thought it was incredible sales, which I am pretty good. I mean I've been teaching it for a long time, but I was good at sales and didn't understand the rest of the business, didn't understand all the hiring and firing and the employee management. And I still get schooled on things on a regular basis. I got to learn how to better compensate people and, you know, to keep them happier long term. It's a growth game that can be extremely rewarding, but it involves a lot of risks.
Ney Torres:        [00:18:04] And you said a couple of things that came to mind. First of all, business owners are the only people that sacrifice nine to five to work like 16 hours a day, 18 hours a day.
Jason Everett:   [00:18:17] Yeah. They give up 9 to 5 to work 10 times harder.
Ney Torres:        [00:18:20] Exactly. It's like when people tell me that, I use this comparison. It’s like having a baby to have peace.
Jason Everett:   [00:18:27] Yes, totally.
Ney Torres:        [00:18:29] You want peace? Don't have a baby just yet.
Jason Everett:   [00:18:32] Well, there's people who do things like “We're awkward in our relationship and it's not going really well. You know, what would fix it? A baby.” That baby ain't going to fix it. And that's the problem, right. If you're already having a hard time going to work every day and was sacrificing all your time and you feel like it's a waste of time, don't start a business because that's going to be even harder. It should be. “I'm really good at what I do. I want to go further. I'm willing to go spend that 10 years raising a baby, that 15 years raising a baby, whatever it's going to be for you to start a business.” It's a great analogy.
Ney Torres:        [00:19:02] And you mentioned Keith Cunningham. One of the reasons… Yeah. If anybody can get his hands into Derek Hanson two books from Keith Cunningham, he has such a capacity to bring down complex concepts to simple ones.
Jason Everett:   [00:19:19] Absolutely.
Ney Torres:        [00:19:24] I got out of college with a finance degree and I didn't really understand financial statements until I went to his class.
Jason Everett:   [00:19:33] Keith made me feel like I went to a kindergarten class. He made accounting feel like I was learning kindergarten stuff. One of his key books is Keys to the Vault. He has a new book out called Roadless Stupid, the last couple of years. But Keys to the Vault, man. That is the book that really solidified… He's such a great simplistic teacher. He's a really powerful guy to watch for sure.
Ney Torres:        [00:19:54] Exactly. One of the things Keith taught me too is the E-myth, what exactly what the E-myth says is like, it's okay to have a job because some people that come out with this financial freedom mindset. I was one of them at the beginning. We just thought if you have a job, you're not really going to get financial freedom.
[00:20:17] I didn't realize having a job is part of the process. Having a job is where you learn all your skills as you get paid. How did you find it? This is a question I have for you is how did you find a niche and how did you decided to stay with it?
Jason Everett:   [00:20:33] Yeah. Like why did we get into salons?
Ney Torres:        [00:20:35] Yeah, yeah.
Jason Everett:   [00:20:36] So, first of all, there's a couple of rules about having a niche that I've learned and adapted over the years that are really, really helpful because you know, if you're listening right now and you already have a business, one of the biggest mistakes, and I will never forget learning about niching down my business is that I remember there was a guy I used to work with when I was in advertising and he was an insurance sales guy.
[00:20:58] I remember him saying one day in one of our networking groups, he was like, “If they can fog a mirror, I need to meet him because everybody needs insurance.” And I remember thinking in the back of my head about, you know, car insurance for example. I was like, “What about people who don't have a car? Do they need insurance?” And his argument would be, “Of course, because they might have a house.” “Oh, they might have an apartment. Everybody needs insurance.”
[00:21:20] I'm like, “That was like selling ice to Eskimos thing again.” Right? I just don't like that environment. And so, what I remember thinking is like, “Well, you could be somebody who goes…” It's like, I look for something called triggers in people. Meaning if I was going to be a real estate agent, right? I would be a specialist real estate agent that dealt with divorcing couples because I know that divorcing couples usually have a house they have to sell and they have two more houses they have to buy. Right? Like, that's very typical.
[00:21:54] So, if I was a real estate agent, I would be a real estate agent who focus on families that needed support through a divorce. Because again, serving, right. Think about this. When you find a trigger like a divorce, that naturally means they have to sell a house and buy two more, that means I get three sales because I could say I can help anybody who needs a home. If you need a home, call me. Well, what about that person who's broke that can't afford a home? Should I be working with them? No. What about that person who is a first-time home buyer and they want to look houses for four years before they buy a home. Is that a good use of my time? Nope. What about that person who has bought 15 homes and they're looking for an investment property? Well, then I have a very specific… Like maybe that's my niche, but I got to get really clear on. So, here are a couple of rules. We just want to write this down. A couple of rules that will help you make sure that you pick the right niche. Number one, they must want and/or need what you have. Right? I said, survey. They must want and/or need what you have.
[00:22:52] Number two, you must be able to provide them with a high value for what it is that you do. Meaning, the reason why I started working with the salons is that for me, when I started working with salons, they were getting crazy results. It was like I'd worked with a salon owner and I would make them half a million dollars. I would make them millions. Like the first time I worked with Massage Envy, which is a big brand here in the US, first time I worked with Massage Envy, I took 26 locations over six months and I helped them make $2.6 million in six months. And I got an incredible result for that client, right? So number one, they must want and/or. They must want what you have.
[00:23:31] Number two, you must be able to provide them with an extraordinary result. Number three, you must want to work with them now and in the future. If you don't like these people, don't go sell them something. If you don't like them, like, if I'm like, “Oh my God, I work with whatever, insert whatever group here.” And like, “I don't like working with young people.” Whatever the thing is, right? “I don't like working with 18-year-olds.” Then don't make 18-year-olds your client. You've got to fall in love with your clients.
[00:23:58] The other rule, number four, that's really important. They must be able to easily afford your services. This is super important. I spent years learning how to grow the skill of sales to try and sell to the wrong people. Okay. So, I used to…
Ney Torres:        [00:24:16] Explain a little bit more of that.
Jason Everett:   [00:24:18] Yeah, totally. So, I'll give you an example. I would get on the phone and try and sell a coaching program for 3,500 USD. What I didn't know is that some of these people, I'm trying to sell this to, didn't even pay themselves that much money every single month. They couldn't pay themselves that much. So, I was asking them to give me more money than they made in a month. And then of course, they would throw me every objection under the sun. They would throw me all those things. And I just thought if I got better at selling that I would make that sale. Well, BS.
[00:24:49] If they can't even come close to affording it, then there's this magical objection behind the scenes that you already have. So, one of the things I do now is I financially qualify people. So, before I even talked to them, I find out what socioeconomic status they are, find out how big their team is. And that kind of gives me an idea of how big their team is.
[00:25:07] Now, the last part on this day, and this is super clutch because I talked about marketing earlier, so they must be able to easily afford you. That's an important thing. It doesn't mean that it has to be… I mean let me put it this way. If you're selling something that's high end or expensive, you got to make sure that you're dealing with a luxury market client. If you're trying to sell somebody who's homeless a Ferrari, the sale is never going to happen. But if you're selling Ferrari, you got to say, “Well, who can afford what I do.” Probably business owners. Probably, social elite. People who are buying their second or third cars. Somebody who’s looking for a Honda or a Ferrari and your sales skill. Imagine they make it happen. You've got to financially qualify people.
[00:25:46] And the fifth step here in qualifying clients and making sure that you pick a niche, it's super important. The fifth thing is… Oh, and of course, as soon as I said it's super important, went blank out of my mind. Ah, that happens all the time. It will come back though. It will. It will come back to me.
[00:26:01] But I think going back to the financial qualifier, and by the way, this seems like a really clever cliffhanger that I'm leaving you with. And I'm going to say, buy my course you can get the fifth thing. That's not it. I literally just forgot it. Oh, I know where it is. This is it.
[00:26:14] The fifth thing that's super important is that you must be able to easily find them. That's it. They must be easily, easily finable. And the added caveat to that is they self-identified. Here's what I mean by self-identify. If your niche is, I work with… And I mentioned people who are divorced. Like if you said people who are divorced. If I said to you, “Hey Ney, do you know anybody who's divorced?” You'd probably go, “Yeah, I know some.” And I said, “Do you know anybody who's going through a divorce right now?” “Yup. I do.”
[00:26:42] They're very easily labeled as that thing. But I find a lot of people that say, “Well, I work with small business owners.” Okay. Well dude, I don't know about you man, but I don't like to label myself as a… “Hi! My name is Jason. I am a small business owner.” Now, if I owned a restaurant, I would say I'm a restaurant owner. But a restaurant owner would never call themselves a small business owner. So, they must be able to self-identify and say what that is. And, and by the way, if they self-identify, that means they belong to a group, club, or association, that deals with that type of person. Or real estate agent, a restaurant owner, a business coach, a salon owner, a hairstylist, a whatever.
[00:27:28] So if they don't self-identify or they don't have a label that they would give themselves, you don't do it. You can't work with that group. They're hard to find. You can't address them. Your marketing will be terrible. It'll be really hard to identify them in your marketing. You're like, do you own a small business between this much and this much income? Much easier to say, “Do you own a coffee shop?” “Yes.” “Then listen to this!” Like it's just you get their identity immediately, and they become much easier to sell to.
Ney Torres:        [00:28:01] Excellent. So, yeah. Yeah. Yeah. And one of the reasons I wanted to interview you first in this series of podcasts is because one of the things I learned, I'm glad you mentioned Keith Cunningham because one of the most certain, and I will say the best way to make some serious money if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur is not to go out and invent a new product or something like that. That's a lot of years.
Jason Everett:   [00:28:29] Dude, it's a lot of work and a lot of money.
Ney Torres:        [00:28:30] A lot of money and a lot of knowledge and contacts and that's at least seven years to build. But Keith say, go and buy a business. Example, coffee shop. Example, hair salons. Example, ice cream shop. And do exactly what you're doing. Then you buy the second one, the third one. Because he has a lot of money when he was young. He made like $30 million, lost at everything, and build it back again doing that with washing cars. Can you explain a little bit? Let's run this story in our minds. I go back to the US. Have enough savings to buy a hair salon. And I just will focus on this. I call you. What happens next?
Jason Everett:   [00:29:15] You call me, what happens next? This is going to sound crazy, but you don't. That wouldn't be how it works. Here's how this would happen.
Ney Torres:        [00:29:24] How does it work?
Jason Everett:   [00:29:25] Yeah. It wouldn't work that way. So, what would happen is you go buy your own a hair salon. You hear about us. Either you meet me at a live event, you see me online, you watch a YouTube video.
Ney Torres:        [00:29:35] Or the podcast.
Jason Everett:   [00:29:36] Or on this podcast, or my podcast, or anybody else's podcast, right?
Ney Torres:        [00:29:40] What’s your podcast, by the way?
Jason Everett:   [00:29:41] It's called High-Performance Salon. You can look at High Performance Salon or Salon Owner Evolution Revolution. You'll see us there. I think the thing is that what you do is you would discover us, and this is really important because we are discoverable. You would find out about us. You would probably stalk our stuff for a while. Find out, you know, go on our YouTube channel, watch one of our over 85 videos. Watch your client testimonials and go, “Holy crap, I need these guys.” And then, you would reach out. Then, that would happen. Right?
[00:30:12] And that's super important because if people reach out and they're like, “I've never heard of you, but somebody said I should talk to you.” I go, “Great! Go learn about us first.” And I know that sounds crazy, but that's the game of letting your marketing do the heavy lifting for you instead of the business. I mean I'm happy to explain to somebody what I do. But the way my business works is people come to us when they're in a high position of need, and they already know that we're the solution. We don't have to do a lot of convincing that we're the right solution, right?
[00:30:40] So my entire business is built up off giving away free resources. If somebody comes to me and they go, “Hey, I really need some help. Can you come in?” And this is what they asked. They'll call me. I just got a text yesterday. “Hey, can you come into my salon and fix it?” “We need to book you to come in.” And I say, “That's great. It's $35,000 a day if you want me to come in.” And I'm happy to do that. But my guess is that's not what you're trying to accomplish. What you want to find out is what help do you need for your salon. And just telling me to come into your salon is not going to help you. So, let me give you some resources. Do me a favor, watch this video and see if you connect with our message. And if you connect with our message… By the way, something called a micro webinar. It's like a 27-minute message about what we do, how we do it, what's changing in the industry. And I just say, if you watch that and you resonate with us, then let's build a relationship together.
[00:31:30] And like, dude, how much different is that from sales? Right? It's like it's such a marketer game instead of sales. Somebody calls me and says, “I want to give you money. I'm ready to buy.” And I go, “Cool, go watch this 27-minute video.” And then they’re like, “I'm not going to watch this 27-minute video. That's not what I want. I want you to come out and do that. Then I have a solution.” “Cool. 35 grand I'll come out and do that for you.” And that's what it is now. It could be more next year, whatever. But like the idea is that I want them to pull back a little bit, take a second, and see where they need help. And then, I have another thing for him. I have a salon owner quiz. We have a free quiz that we do. It's called High-Performance Salon. It's at highperformancesalon.com/quiz and it's a free evaluation tool that lets them see what areas their salon they're good at, what areas they need to improve on. And it's a free resource. We basically have just infinite resource for salon owners that are free. And if they really like our message, then we can work with them one-on-one and help them massively grow.
Ney Torres:        [00:32:25] Awesome. Thank you so much. I think we have covered a lot.
Jason Everett:   [00:32:29] Just a few things.
Ney Torres:        [00:32:30] Yeah. That's how to grow your business. What will Ney Torres do, if he was starting from zero. And definitely that will be, get into your webpage. Where can people find you.
Jason Everett:   [00:32:42] Yeah. Well, first of all, like I mentioned a couple of times, highperformancesalon.com is a great place to find me, or basically on any massive social media. If you go on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, @highperformancesalon. If you wanted to track me down and become homies there, look me up. Just Jason Everett, E-V-E-R-E-T-T.
[00:33:02] You can find me on Facebook, on Instagram, all those good things too. And you know, it's one of those things where, you know, reach out. You never know. My big gift outside of the salon world is creating content, mainly video content, some podcast content, some written content, but mainly video. One of my other companies I do is called the Video Rockstar Academy, where I teach people how to create video content in a meaningful way to amplify their message. That's something else that I do sometimes internationally. It's profound man, because this game of the internet is really powerful. Just like you can listen to this podcast and go do a little stalking of your own and find me in those places. It's a powerful place to be right now. So, dude, enjoy it.
Ney Torres:        [00:33:40] Thank you very much. Jason, it’s always a pleasure. Please do contact Jason. Awesome. He's a great guy before anything else, and just so pleasurable to talk to you, man. I really appreciate it.
Jason Everett:   [00:33:52] Thanks for doing what you do, man. It's rare that people put out content that's very valuable. You ask amazing questions. I know your goal is to help people become financially free. So, thank you for doing what you do, bro. Keep at it.
Ney Torres:        [00:34:04] And if they don't become financially free, at least they know what it takes or how it looks like.
Jason Everett:   [00:34:10] They have to change their head before they can change what their actions are, as you and I both know, man. And I think just by listening to this podcast and by committing to this podcast, let's do it all the time. You're going to get more invaluable resources for listening to Ney. So, well done, bro.
Ney Torres:        [00:34:22] And I have nothing to sell, so that makes it awesome.
Jason Everett:   [00:34:24] Even better. More stuff, more value. Giving and giving, bro.
Ney Torres:        [00:34:27] Well, thank you very much and see you next time, Jason.
Jason Everett:   [00:34:30] Thanks a lot, man.


Please read the article "Blog's "read me first"" Terms And Conditions Of Use All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner of this blog will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. This terms and conditions is subject to change at anytime with or without notice.

Popular posts from this blog

VOXTUR – 500% growth in 2022/2023.

Understanding Micron Technology Inc (NAS:MU)

A Different view on Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) "Optionality has value"!